Monday, May 07, 2007

Boring is sometimes good

My bone marrow biopsy was clean, I am a clean machine (in that sense). Didja get my pun about boring? I wonder how old you are when the bad puns gene turns on?

Let's get our goodwill thoughts to anonymous Bill, send him some white cells through the ether or however you all did it last time.

For some reason the blog just got 5 times the hits it's been getting, maybe the new blogger setup drew some looky-loos. Let's hope the incidence of leukemia didn't just jump. Maybe my friends are looking for some final words of wisdom from me. It's 7:30 Monday am and I am on my way to work, so I don't have my head in the game. I will post this and follow up with a final blog of wisdom. Here are the only thoughts of wisdom I have right now. Stay balanced. Slow it down if it's going bad. When it's fast, read more break into your roll. Keep your head steady. Do all this and you too can shoot 88.

Work to live, and enjoy every day you get.

6 comments:

  1. That is terrific news John. I should have my results on wed. will let you know. I have been reading your post for almost two years now as we were both diagnosed at about the same time. It has been very helpful. I am thrilled that you are clean that is just awsome!!!! Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all I just got word from my oncologist 6pm est that my bone marrow was clean. Phew. What along journey this has been. Best of luck to John stay healthy. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got the feeling to check your blog and turns out you posted yesterday...quick work with that Bill thing, though, huh?!
    so great to hear you are ok (see, Mike was right again!)
    and will watch for the wisdom--sure could use some...lately been wishing I could talk to your mother, ask her how she stayed so calm--because I seem to have a kid like you were then...35 years later and from a different perspective it doesn't seem as funny...
    oh well, do you read these, Mrs. Fiore? was there a prescription involved?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey John, out of the blue, I just looked you up, been stuck in my own silly trivial junk that is my life. ;) Just wanted to sya hi and to let you know I was thinking of you man. Living up near Sacramento now. Big difference, but not regretting it at all. Sure, I liked a lot of people down there, but it's nice to see more than just 20 year olds every day ;)

    if I saw your email, I'd have emailed you.. Here's mine in case you feel like giving me the finger ;) AceAndEmber@gmail.com

    Very glad to see you are doing as well as you are.

    -MG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. My name is Angie from St. Louis, MO. I was googling and stumbled across your blog. I read a bit to see that you have Leukemia. I can't say that I know your struggle, but I watched my best friend fight her hardest for 4 years with Hodgkin's and then Leukemia. She was not successful in her fight, but I hope each day that her loss gives a millon other people with cancer 10 more years to live. I have you bookmarked. I am happy to hear all is well, as well as can be, for you.

    ReplyDelete