Sunday, November 20, 2005

Jade Cove again



Hey, it's site 33 at Plaskett Creek Campground. All the conditions were ideal - minus tide in late afternoon, small surf, recent churn of big surf, so we surfed Wed am and went camping Wed. aft. Found a bunch of mediocre jade. It's the journey, not the result, in this case.

I feel pretty damn good, only taking mercaptopurine daily, nothing else until Dec. 15 or so. My weight is pretty steady at 158, so I need to get some muscle back. I think I am retiring from golf until I get a new hip, this one is too painful. I don't think they'll let me get a new hip until chemo is done in 2007, so ... I need a new thing, maybe go Zen, become an ascetic. I have the hair for it.

Eric V. sent me this website, this could be the answer. I'll have to talk to the doc about getting my 'green' card, I guess. http://www.affymetrix.com/community/wayahead/thc_leukemia.affx

Dana and I are leaving for Las Vegas in the am, celebrating 20 years of marriage! The woman must be a saint or dense. Staying at the Venetian, going to see Zumanity, expensive dinner somewhere, a poker tournament, some dice and blackjack but man am I rusty. I will go downtown and hang with the lowlifes, play really low stakes like $1 craps. It's more passionate when the guy next to you is playing for his rent.

No wonder I was ambushed, Eddie was with me. If I know him, he probably set me up. When the fire captain's hat showed up in our house, who was it? Eddie. Beer missing? Eddie. Bad directions for the poor tourists? Eddie. Pat taught him everything he knows, and then he learned more.

2 comments:

  1. well she is not dense, so she must be a saint.
    I wasn't going to say it but then you not only picked on my brother but blamed me for what he knows.
    still I am glad to hear you are doing good and I am definitely not a saint, so where does that leave me? hmmm...
    Jeanne, pick me up let's do it again, this guy is a slow learner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surfing, camping, shooting helpless little jades. . . Whatadeal ! ! ! Good to hear you're feeling so great. Take that energy to Vegas and turn it into some extra income.
    Happy anniversary to you and Miss D. 20 yrs is very cool. The Little Woman and I hit our 20 yr mark last year.
    So now you're blaming the bad golf game on the hip, huh? Perhaps my poor performance on the course could be attributed to a lack of hair. That does, after all, lead to excessive bodyheat loss, which, in turn, results in colder muscles, less flexibility, etc.
    The sailing trip on Galveston Bay this past weekend was a good respite, even though we only got to do one day on the boat. Weather was a little less than desirable. Nevertheless, we had a good time.
    Happy Thanksgiving to All.
    Mac

    ReplyDelete