Saturday, December 10, 2005

Rock On!



Mike's on the left
So far the final phase is all I could hope for. I just finished the first week of the second month, and the steroids keep me awake and jumpy and I have to keep up the water and Metamucil intake, but that is only 1 week a month, no steroids again until Jan 10 or so. My stomach is kinda wrecked, very gassy (burpy), but nothing Tums can’t handle. If that’s all there is, great. Doc told me it’s time for another bone marrow biopsy, just to be sure, and I say drill away. Probably next month. I am still at 157, but haven’t been working out much.

I’ve been selling all the stuff laying around here and never used or done being used - 2 guitars, a brand-new Dooney & Bourke purse, $200 surf goggles. Sold $1000 worth of stuff in the last 2 weeks on eBay. Only paid about $1200 for it originally, so that’s pretty good. Gotta clear out room for this Christmas’s wretched excess. I think the less stuff I have the better I feel, until there’s something I want and then I get it, and then I fell better but worse.

Johnny wouldn’t get the flu shot, and spent 5 days in bed last week with the flu. I had to nursemaid the poor kid. It’s great when teens are trying to separate from their parents and use techniques like giving them the bird for some perceived offense. And then, their damn sense of self-righteousness can’t allow them to see the error and apologize for it, for over a week. So, Dana and John are not speaking and I had to nursemaid flu-boy. Seems like my flu shot took hold after all.

Mikey is switching over to bass guitar so he can start a band. Here are some photos from his last Lead guitar lab, he’s learned a lot and can rip AC/DC Back In Black, which he is doing here. One of our neighbors pays him exorbitantly to wash and walk their dog, so he bought a Peavey Forum bass off eBay, which we are waiting for. My garage will become the jamming center, I imagine. We need something to offset this kind of crap -
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1; http://www.prussianblue.net/ Since Lennon and Zappa died, nobody has filled the void in my brain.

Anyways, oh-bla-di, Happy Birthdays to my sister Joanna and my brother Frank. Everyone have a great Christmas or Happy Hannukah or whatever holiday you like. I like Boxer day where you can bite someone’s ear, Canada is too cool!





2 comments:

  1. John,
    Congratulations on getting to the finals. You win ! ! !
    Your ebay sales story hits home for me. I have been meaning to do that for some time now. We have so much shit that just lies around collecting dust and gets in the way. One of these days. Yeah, one of these days.
    Mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. so John
    good thing you got that flu shot in case you wanted to become a strike-breaking scab laborer and fill in for a mother stepping aside to let them push air.
    I waited a few days hoping somebody else would say this--where are all the mothers of teenagers out there?!
    the ones not at the beach with me, I mean...
    Dana YOU rock on!

    ReplyDelete