Friday, August 06, 2010

Pics and Vids from the Tetons and Yellowstone


In the Grand Tetons 7/26


Jenny Lake, Grand Tetons National Forest, campsite First come first serve, and this was the last site at 7:30 am. A nice site with a lot of space. 7/26


Life from death, Jenny Lake


View of Jenny Lake, view to shuttle landing on oppposite side. Landing leads to the Hidden Falls. $10 round trip. I walked.



The valley view from Signal Mountain. As I left the Grand Teton NP, I spotted Signal Mountain and though, maybe I can get a signal on my phone, get some messages and make some calls. Sure enough, there is a cell tower at the top and my phone goes nuts, but also awesome views of the valley and of the Tetons. 7/27


7/27 Signal Mountain Info
Valley view from Signal Mountain
Panorama of the Grand Tetons from Signal Mountain. Left to right
Panorama 2
Panorama 3
Panorama 4
Panorama 5
Panorama 6
Panorama 7
Panorama 8
Snake River Falls 7/28/10

A corkscrew tree 7/28

I really was there 7/28
Bison. Like seeing a cow in Wisconsin 7/28.
Tourists stop in the middle of the road, and run to get a pic of a bison 200 yards away.
Elk 7/28
Elk herd
These shots are in the Old Faithful area
Bizarre Fire Lake Drive landscape 8/1
More Fire Lake Drive
Grant Campground campsite, real nice, lot of room
It's about to rain.
Another Snake River falls. The snake River is everywhere.
Earth Pimple 8/1

Mud Pot

Grand Geyser



Bison herd on the move


Fire Lake Drive


Fire Lake Drive geyser


Old Faithful

4 comments:

  1. WOW
    both you and all the other geysers look great!

    it is slightly possible Mac and I might have been wr-- wr--- not as right as we thought about watching it from the comfort of home. though I guess thanks to you, we still are.

    if it is not too highly classified, where are you now?

    and how far do you live from Manitouboo because I might be visiting her.

    xo, mullaney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home now, gearing up for a trip to RI in mid-Sept for Mom's 87th. Manitoubou lives about 90 miles south, not far by CA standards.

    I listened to this lady from England while waiting for Grand geyser, and she pronounced it 'geezer.' That what you meant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. musta been, bud, musta been.

    so maybe we will see you in RI if I am not at my wild west hideout by then...either way, please tell your ma an old redhead used to try to chow all her great italian cooking wishes her very happy birthday

    hey when I think back on my many attempts to get adopted out of my meat and potatoes family...Randy's mom, Mama Etta, and Mrs. Fiore...I start to wonder
    what did I need any of you guys for, once the introduction was made?

    live and learn, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics John. I have to wonder how many other warriors could do what you have been doing after such an ordeal. You Da Man.

    I'm hanging out in Washington State for a couple of weeks. Golf, golf, golf and, I have time, a little more golf.

    Mac

    ReplyDelete