Friday, October 23, 2009

Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams


I'm in tatters!  I had this crazy idea (ok, one of many) while I was in Florida .  My Mom had this ceramic cow that had 4 parts, front, middle, back and head, and each section had an opening, so it was meant for something like sugar, flour and cocaine, or other dry goods.  It was nothing special, made in China and with peeling (and maybe toxic) paint.  She didn't want it and I was going to leave it.  However, then I spotted a copy of an In Memoriam of Pope John Paul II, and a postcard depicting Jesus, and another of the Virgin Mary. 


I had never sent Mac anything to say thanks for all his support, so I packed up the cow with the religious iconography inside, and sent it to him, anonymously.  It was a test, to see if he would figure it was a Holy Cow.  He figured it out instantly, but the middle section was SHATTERED!  I'm in tatters.








M. Jagger/K. Richards)


Shattered, shattered

Love and hope and sex and dreams
Are still surviving on the street
Look at me, I'm in tatters!
I'm a shattered
Shattered


Friends are so alarming
My lover's never charming
Life's just a cocktail party on the street
Big Apple
People dressed in plastic bags
Directing traffic
Some kind of fashion
Shattered


Laughter, joy, and loneliness and sex and sex and sex and sex
Look at me, I'm in tatters
I'm a shattered
Shattered


All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
schmatte, schmatte, schmatte -- I can't give it away on 7th Avenue
This town's been wearing tatters (shattered, shattered)
Work and work for love and sex
Ain't you hungry for success, success, success, success
Does it matter? (Shattered) Does it matter?
I'm shattered.
Shattered


Ahhh, look at me, I'm a shattered
I'm a shattered
Look at me- I'm a shattered, yeah


Pride and joy and greed and sex
That's what makes our town the best
Pride and joy and dirty dreams and still surviving on the street
And look at me, I'm in tatters, yeah
I've been battered, what does it matter
Does it matter, uh-huh
Does it matter, uh-huh, I'm a shattered


Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up
To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough!
You got rats on the west side
Bed bugs uptown
What a mess this town's in tatters I've been shattered
My brain's been battered, splattered all over Manhattan


Uh-huh, this town's full of money grabbers
Go ahead, bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots, huh
Shadoobie, my brain's been battered
My friends they come around they
Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
Pile it up, pile it high on the platter












4 comments:

  1. holy humpty dumpty cow
    we were hindus we'd be in trouble now
    clatter, shatter, does it matter
    enough iconoclastic chatter
    the genius Mac who guessed it so fast
    will find a recylclable way, make it last...
    steer into the skid and smash it to hell?
    yeah--repackage it up and send it to dell!
    glue it up and take a picture be nice
    make a good label for beefy ho-spice
    for the rock + the hard place + cancerous weather
    use the sauce that will put your cow back together

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, the word verification for that one was
    COPANG--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copang with all the madness I set in motion. I am waiting for the sun to rise so I can take a picture of the way cool Zen garden Mo sent to me, and then post it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really stoked
    Then my Cow got broked
    Holy Cow is shattered, tattered and splattered

    It was not a plop
    That killed that cow
    From the driver a drop
    Or sudden stop
    Kaplow on the Cow
    But just don’t know how

    I checked beneath
    She lost her utter
    I just don’t know
    Where I’ll find anudder

    UPS
    Made this mess
    I hope they’re sorry
    From their little brown lorry

    Sugar, flour, dry goods or cocaine
    A Cow on coke
    Now that’s insane

    No Ho-Spice or sauce
    Can fix that Cow
    I tried some glue
    But I really knew
    Her only hope
    Was a pot of stew

    She once was swell
    But now’s a Dell
    Not worth a f#@*
    Out of luck
    No more cheese
    No more milk
    Not even a burger
    From her ilk

    Where is she now
    That shattered Cow
    She’s buried out back
    A sad tear from Mac

    Mac

    ReplyDelete