Saturday, November 01, 2008

Get up and Boogie

My WBCs shot up yesterday to 4.3, most other numbers rising as well, so my health is good. I had to sit in the ITA for 4 hours getting magnesium and potassium. I was having serious hot flashes from the magnesium and had to ask them to turn the infusion rate down.

Beauchemin is here and pushing me off the couch. I have to remind him I am still unwell, but he is right in pushing me to do what I can. I would prefer to lie on the couch and watch videos, but we're going to end up walking around somewhere. We walked to the library and around downtown a little last night. We watched the Celtics crush Chicago last night, then watched some 'Flight of the Conchords', very funny guys. He made us some steel oatmeal for breakfast, with bananas and brown sugar, yummy.

So just a short post to say I am fine, weekend off from the ITA, and I hope Mike doesn't kill me.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Michael is taking such good care of you, babe! Miss you mucho.
    Love,
    Spudhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from SLO after a week of taking care of the folks. Drove by your house Friday morning on the off chance of catching Dana running out to get the paper in her nightgown, but the neighborhood was quiet, no sign of Dana so I continued on and drove by my sister's house, which is rented. I am very happy to hear the WBC count increasing so nicely and I hope the next 60 days pass with no major burps.
    I think music is the way to keep your brain learning new things. Last week I interviewed a woman for my position (yes I have decided to quit) and her college major was music, which she described as "loud math". I want and need to start exercising both my brain and body more. My father's memory is slipping away and everything I read says both types of exercise are critical for good health and mental functioning. That said, think I'll go see what's on TV -Oh yeah, politicians - nevermind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,

    Great news on the WBC count. Very glad to hear that.

    I hope you have a super weekend.

    Mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah

    and how come you're not looking at the odds now?

    over 40 years, Mikey hasn't killed you yet.

    I'm betting you make it to Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 7:30 am and Mike already had me get up and go for a walk to downtown, while it's not raining. He just isn't used to me being so slow and old-acting. I think I came closer to killing him in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you came closer to killing all of us, but here we all still are to push our diminishing luck...

    maybe Mike forgot about that extra hour of sleep? (Mo jumped up at 7 thinking we were late to meet our beach friends because he was ready to spring ahead

    oh well, hope you get a lot of rain

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, john

    glad to hear how well you are doing and that mike is there to help - he's good company!

    keep up the good work
    xo

    martha in maine

    ReplyDelete