Sunday, February 20, 2005

Germ warfare, part 2

I knew the Mikester couldn't resist the masks and gloves, and he didn't. Dana and I had a great visit with the boys and their aunts, strolled the halls and looked at the art, got some food, marveled at my general vigor and smiled and hugged a lot. Check out the photos that I emailed, having trouble getting them here due to AOL dial-up limitations. Unfortunately Dana needed a mask too, it turns out, she started sneezing just a tiny bit, but then feeling achey. When it came time to think about leaving, Dana had to take the opportunity to have Stacy drive with her and leave. End of visit. Finito. Terminado. Too much risk to me. Dana would've needed to get a hotel and then have the flu there, and what's the point in that. So oh well.

Things have certainly gone awry here; my dinner came without my cheese-stuffed pasta dish, just a baked potato with sour cream, corn, bowl of vegetable soup, dinner roll and Sara Lee Carrot Cake with the big sugary frosting, which I have just finished at 9:00 pm. Check out the breakfast photo, though I don't often add waffles or pancakes.
Breakfast
I am at 174 pounds, 6 pounds more than when I left SLO. Maybe I don't need the 2 starches! I am freaking getting fat on chemo! I had the boys bring me the pedometer, we'll see the reality tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. think about you often Johnny..

    if you're ever bored, and I can't imagine that's not an option play poker at Playforfun.com I'll give you enough money to play in the tournaments (all fake $) but it's a lot of fun and people treat it more real since the $ is harder to earn than some silly sites ;)

    easy to download and install and dialup isn't a problem! good luck Johnny. Will be checking in often. Wishing you well and giving you a virtual completely hetero hug. ;)

    -MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took three masks home, and Kane, myself and Angelo all wore them downtown. People thought we were diseased :D

    How's the breakfast there? It looks pretty good... o_O

    ReplyDelete