Thursday, March 10, 2005

BSD = Big Stupid Dummy

This is Dana updating for John who is flat on his back after having had a painful bone marrow biopsy and spinal tap with chemo. He is dictating the following:

BSD = Big Stupid Dummy because it turns out we won't get the biopsy results until Monday at the earliest.

There was no reason to pack for another potential hospital stay after all. We should have called to clarify.

Chief Doc M. says the blood work looks great and all the side effects are normal and to be expected. He seemed confident that things were going well.

John will give you a more detailed (and surely more amusing) accounting of things tomorrow. TTFN--Spudhead

1 comment:

  1. John (BSD),
    HOLY CRAP ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    The Big Cat pic on the red leather sofa - WOW!!! Nightmarish. I was on a bus tour of San Francisco back in 1979. Was that you outside hyping The Owl And The PussyCat Club? Man, talk about Ho-Spice inspiration. I think I'll send the Mardi Gras pic of all of you to Paul Newman and see if I can interest him in sponsoring Mac's Ho-Spice. He could use the pics for labels and TV promotions. "Mac's Ho-Spice . . . Pimp Juice For Cool Cats."
    For John Prine: Is that really you on here? If so, how did you come across this motley crew? I certainly understand how John can be an inspiration for a song. Hell, you could find a bunch of ideas on this blog: Frigiliana (pronounded Fraheeleeana) Sunset; The Trash Of Cruz de Pinto; Men Don't Do Flamenco; The Tongues Of Leapard-Skinned Women; Eybrow Lowbrow (you may have to share that one with Garth Brooks of "Low Places" fame); I Fixed My Camera With Leukemia; I'm Being Kidnapped From My Hospital Room; This PICC Line's For You; The White Hat Rides Again; I Need Me A Double Meal Day, etc., etc. Then there's the whole story about raccoons up yer butt, baboons on yer shoulders and tomato hornworms in yer eyes. I hear you're gonna be in Birmingham at the Alabama Theatre on April 16th. We should get together and do some Ho-Spice.
    John, so glad the Doc visit revealed good blood work. We're all pulling for a good report next week on the bone marrow.
    Love ya Man.
    Mac

    ReplyDelete